Counseling the Business and Litigation Needs of our Community since 1979
The Law Offices of David L. Price provides a full range of business counseling services for its clients. Mr. Price has been a member of the California State Bar since 1979 and is admitted to practice in each of the four Federal District Courts in California. Mr. Price has also appeared before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal and the California Supreme Court.
The Law Offices of David L. Price is a California sole proprietorship owned and operated by David Price. The firm was established to provide a full range of business counseling services to its clients. Mr. Price has been a member of the California State Bar since 1979 and is admitted to practice in each of the four Federal District Courts in California as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal. The firm carries errors and omissions insurance applicable to the scope of its practice.
Mr. Price has extensive litigation and trial experience in real estate, business and construction matters. His practice is almost equally divided between representing plaintiffs and representing defendants. Mr. Price has represented the plaintiff in a major, regional antitrust action resulting in the recovery of four million dollars for his clients. He has also represented the property owners in a dispute over the standards of structural steel design, engineering and construction, also resulting in a significant seven-figure settlement. Mr. Price has represented owners, contractors and subcontractors in construction and mechanic’s lien disputes, and has represented parties in the disputed separation of co-tenant interests in major income properties; thereby necessarily handling complex procedural issues, day-to-day management and control of the projects, and control of project funds.
Mr. Price also serves as outside general counsel to Sleep Train Arena, to the NBA’s Sacramento Kings, and (formerly) to the WNBA’s Sacramento Monarchs, having represented the Kings since the team’s initial arrival in Sacramento in 1985. Mr. Price continues to handle both business and litigation matters on behalf of a regional real estate firm, an interstate food distribution conglomerate, and an audio-visual service provider. He serves as a judge pro tem for the Sacramento and Placer County Superior Courts, and as an approved arbitrator and mediator for the Sacramento, Placer and Nevada County Superior Courts and the American Arbitration Association. He has also had the opportunity to argue before the California Supreme Court.
Representative Business Projects
Mr. Price has provided services in a variety of business and real property transactions and litigation. These have included real estate developments, antitrust counseling, property management and construction projects. Mr. Price has represented landlords, tenants, brokers, developers, buyers, sellers, owners, contractors and subcontractors. Samples of those projects are as follows:
- Representation of interstate cable television operators, involving the franchising process, the exercise of FCC and First Amendment rights, and extensive antitrust litigation.
- Representation of small subcontractors and/or large interstate material suppliers, including contract processing and mechanic’s lien litigation.
- Representation of parties in breach of contract litigation including disputes involving purchase and sale of real property, purchase and sale of businesses, and television coverage and advertising disputes.
- Representation of attorneys, accountants and joint venturers in the formation and dissolution of partnerships and business interests.
- Representation of parties in administrative agency proceedings, including licensing matters and tax assessment appeals.
- Representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in medical, architectural and engineering malpractice claims.
- Representation of parties in negotiation and preparation of advertising, broadcasting, leasing, financing and employment agreements.
- Representation of parties in formation, dissolution, acquisition and sale of business interests and entities (including, as examples, hotels, restaurants, and construction businesses).
- Representation of parties in purchase or sale of residential, commercial and industrial real estate.
- Representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in negligence, wrongful death, and sexual harassment litigation.
The office of David L. Price practices law in Roseville, California
and Placer County.
Please contact our Roseville law firm with questions about your legal issue. Provide as much information as possible regarding your inquiry. While this contact does not serve to establish an attorney/client relationship, it will allow our legal team to begin an assessment of your case.
Please visit my other site at www.pricelawoffice.com